Director of E-Commerce and E-Media
Job Title: Director of E-Commerce and E-Media
Reports to: CEO
Date: May 2011
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below or fax to: 805-643-6672. Or click on Link below and submit it online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Director of eCommerce and eMedia will be responsible for driving profitable growth for the business through continual emphasis on strategic top-line growth opportunities as well as margin enhancing operational improvements. S/he will provide strategic vision and leadership as well as operational expertise and general management skills in directing Petunia’s E-Commerce short-term and long-term growth strategies. Your Job also includes implementing online content. Using the content management tool, this person is part of a team that is the production support for the release of new content to the global web site and for html emails. S/he loads, formats, refines and proofs the majority of assets and copy for the creation of pages on the various web sites. Must have an aptitude for detail oriented and sometimes repetitive work. S/he must be available on a regular basis during the weekly release process and be able to work on concurrent projects and rely on excellent personal time-management skills to meet development timelines.
S/he will partner with the CEO, COO, CMO and will also work closely with the entire team to drive the future growth of the E-Commerce business
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a strategic plan and roadmap to grow the E-Commerce business
- Optimize the performance of the company’s web sites and their ability to generate sales and related transactions.
- Complete weekly production of maintenance content and assets through posting phase by following deadlines set and managed by the Content Producer.
- Responsible for completing the necessary tasks for SEO needs.
- Provide a seamless brand experience for the customer, identifying opportunities to leverage all channels to drive lifetime value for the customer; build strategies and programs that create incremental traffic and revenue for the company.
- Leverage multi-channel customer segmentation and plan specific campaigns to capture incremental market and mindshare.
- As needed, take on special projects to support other team members.
- Trouble shoot site problems and fix incorrect data as needed.
- Work closely with the Content Producer for approval of updates and edits to all sites.
- Responsible for the proofing of web assets, (including but not limited to) image assets, captions, promo boxes, shop pages, etc.
- Run ecom batches daily and be able to follow up with DC on shipping issues and opportunities. o Strong understanding of digital technology in order to leverage the technology to support business and marketing activities.
- Passion for innovation; ability to advocate for multi-channel sales integration within an organization.
- Excellent managerial and team building skills; able to move an organization to perform at a higher level and embrace change. Inspires others and builds motivated, high-performing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 plus years experience working in eMedia and/or a related area.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Internet browsers.
- Working knowledge of HTML. (desired)
- Working knowledge of commonly used eMedia production concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Aptitude for working with web-based tools. (desired)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem identification and reporting skills.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the general scope of responsibilities in an effort to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Work With Us
We are always seeking talented, passionate, creative, ambitious and detailed people. Below are employment opportunities we are currently hiring for at our coporate headquarters located in beautiful Ventura California.