Petunia Store Manager (New Store Opens in Ventura 11/12)
Reports directly to the VP of Sales and Merchandising
- Ability to build budgets, set sales goals and deliver profits of the store.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel store employees. Schedule, organize and direct assignments.
- Maintain, encourage and possess “ownership mentality”.
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans.
- Provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions.
- Ensure interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards.
- Encourage store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans; follow up on a regular basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure the employees also provide the same level of service.
- Communicate, execute, and manage marketing and merchandising programs.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain adequate store supplies.
- Manage store revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposits to bank.
- Management of all store operational issues, to include store housekeeping, store administrative duties, physical inventories, price changes, etc.
- Successful candidates should be able to cite significant achievements, demonstrating their ability to handle all aspects of retail operational and merchandising management issues, from the delivery of stock to the store to the final sale of the product to the customer.
- Responsible for preparation of work schedules.
- Minimum 3 years of retail management experience. More extensive retail experience will be welcomed. Experience in personal computer retail setting is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively teach/develop others to next level.
- Good merchandising skills and a flair for conceiving and implementing creative merchandising themes.
- Strong operations experience in receiving, stock and inventory as well as front-end management and office management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to provide "a breed apart" level of customer service.
- An upbeat demeanor, with a sales-oriented personality.
- Stability in employment history.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and the willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job at hand done.
- Availability to work weekend and holidays
No Phone Call Please
Click Here to Apply Online or Fax Resume to: (805) 643-6672
Work With Us
We are always seeking talented, passionate, creative, ambitious and detailed people. Below are employment opportunities we are currently hiring for at our coporate headquarters located in beautiful Ventura California.