Social & Digital Media Manager
Ventura, CAJob Title: Social & Digital Media Manager
Reports to: CMO
Date: April, 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below or fax to: 805-643-6672. Or click on Link below and submit it online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
Petunia is seeking a Social & Digital Media Manager to develop, grow and manage multiple social media platforms for multiple Petunia owned brands.
The Social Media manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations for all of Petunia’s various social media channels. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: sharing timely brand-appropriate stories and company news, responding to customer questions, building an engaged online community and driving traffic from social media channels to Petunia Handbags, Petunia Pickle Bottom and Sons of Trade brands. We are looking for someone with an excellent knowledge on all social platforms and an individual who has an excellent online voice, writing skill, editing skill, and can manage and develop the global social media calendar.
S/he is also responsible for moderating publicly posted content (comments and wall posts) and maintaining a welcoming and respectful space for our fans to communicate with Petunia and each other.
- To promote and develop the Petunia brands, and elevate the visibility in these quickly evolving spaces
- Create content for and manage Facebook pages
- Create promotions, editorial calendars and determine needed creative/assets for all brands
- Create content for and manage Blogs
- Responsible for writing, editing, proofreading, formatting and accurately posting stories on the Company’s various social media channels including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Conceive and implement unique customer engagement campaigns
- Capture images that portray the essence of each brand/provide an insider view or “slice of life” via Instragram
- Identifying social media/marketing opportunities utilizing our assets (video/still photography/blog content)
- Research and recommend new social media outlets
- Monitor the Company’s Retail Store’s social media channels, share store events and assist the store managers with their social media efforts.
- Work closely with Petunia’s international distributors in Europe, Australia, Japan, Korea and Canada, and assist them with their social media efforts.
- Identify ways to elevate brands through social media as lifestyle brands and DeNai Jones as figurehead of the brands.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar of content across the social media outlets
- Coordinate calendar with sales and marketing teams to integrate and support ongoing promotions or sales goals
- Coordinate our Social Media efforts with our PR agency
- Coordinate with PR agency to and handle requests with bloggers and inquiring magazines for images/info/content
- Work with Petunia in-house bloggers to cross-promote opportunities on all channels.
- Create and distribute a quarterly company newsletter
- Create and distribute a quarterly newsletter for reps and retailers
- Write press releases for SEO content
- Maintain writing, editing and “voice” standards for each brand. Work closely with other members of the Web Development Team to effectively promote new content additions on petunia.com / sonsoftrade.com across social media channels
- Work closely with the Petunia’s Customer Service team to answer customer questions and bring the Company’s legendary customer service standards to the social media space
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree: BS/ BA in Journalism or Communications.
- 2+ years experience
- Knowledge of all social media platforms and drive to be on cutting edge of new technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Adaptable to change and is able to multi-task effectively
- Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately
- Working knowledge of personal computers with strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible environment
- Finger on the pulse of the blogosphere (specifically blogs relative to industry)
- Passion for social media
*** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***
Please click here to apply online or Fax Resume to:
Work With Us
We are always seeking talented, passionate, creative, ambitious and detailed people. Below are employment opportunities we are currently hiring for at our coporate headquarters located in beautiful Ventura California.