Reports to: Product Designer/Developer
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below or fax to: 805-643-6672. Or click on Link below and submit it online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
Petunia is looking for a quality team player to assist the Design and Product Development department with all aspects of product development – concept through production. We are looking for someone to thrive and grow in this position.
- Work with Design team to develop accurate product brief and line sheets for all products each season. Maintain and update product briefs for accuracy as needed
- Complete design specification package, including: flat sketch with measurements, construction details, measurement specifications with appropriate tolerances and any predefined performance standards
- Maintain pre-production spreadsheets and binders and track trim and sample approvals
- Maintain the organizational structure of the Sample/Fabric storage closets to ensure samples are filed properly and in an orderly manner.
- Assisting Design and Product Development team to ensure all comments and approvals are clearly communicated to overseas offices in a timely manner
- Follow the development and production cycle/timelines to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Create season care and cut labels for each production/product
- Facilitate international sample shipping for new development
- Special projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree in product development or design preferred.
- 2+ years experience in product development or production.
- Strong flat sketch and technical drawing skills in AI
- Working knowledge of personal computers with strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of soft product construction and pattern making a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Adaptable to change and is able to multi-task effectively
- Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able and willing to travel utilizing all modes of transportation – Domestic and international
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible environment
Please click here to apply online or Fax Resume to:
Work With Us
We are always seeking talented, passionate, creative, ambitious and detailed people. Below are employment opportunities we are currently hiring for at our coporate headquarters located in beautiful Ventura California.