Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: National Sales Director
Salary: Base + Commission + Travel Allowance
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below or fax to: 805-643-6672.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
Petunia is seeking a motivated and experienced Territory Sales Manager to lead and develop wholesale sales for ‘Petunia Handbag’ & ‘Sons of Trade’ brands in our West Coast market, including California, Arizona and Nevada. This position requires actively seeking out new business, opening new accounts, growing existing accounts, providing business growth support and excellent product knowledge training to all accounts. This individual will work alongside our National Sales Director with regard to strategy, planning, goal setting, communication and travel. This is a hybrid position – candidate must be able to spend 1-3 days in office (Ventura, CA) and could spend as much as 2-4 days out in the field. Most importantly we are looking for someone to thrive and grow with the company in this position.
- Actively engage in building the Petunia Handbags and Sons of Trade brands in the marketplace through NEW retail business growth.
- Ability to attend all sales meetings and required trainings and Trade Shows – out of state travel may be required for Trade Shows.
- Utilize sales reports and corporate set goals to support boutique and internal growth plans.
- Understanding of retail profit measures, with the ability to balance a budget.
- Open new business in accordance with company guidelines.
- Educate and coach boutiques on inventory and merchandising requirements ensuring that appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Ensure proper merchandising of retail product is implemented in all accounts.
- Train and coach boutique staff on retail product knowledge in order to increase sell-through.
- Demonstrate proper event planning and implementation to provide staff with the knowledge and tools necessary to plan and host in-store events.
- Complete and submit all required reports on weekly/monthly basis as required.
- Must have the ability to communicate strategically at all levels, as well as train, educate and give straightforward feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business preferred.
- Relevant combination of experience and education will be considered.
- 3-5 years higher level sales experience, preferably in the clothing/accessories industry.
- Ability to understand financial and sales reports..
- Willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with flexibility and positive reaction to change
- Global thinking.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer relation skills.
- Extensive travel - 75%
- Must possess a valid driver's license & proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Ability to transport own luggage and Sales Samples when necessary.
Please click here to apply online or Fax Resume to: