Job Title: Textile Designer
Reports to: Head Designer
Date: April, 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below or fax to: 805-643-6672. Or click on Link below and submit it online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
Petunia is seeking a Textile CAD Designer with 4+ years’ experience in textile design, working within Illustrator and reporting to the Head Designer and team. This person will be responsible for creating original seasonal prints for the Petunia product line. Designer will be involved in all aspects of the design processes. They will work closely with the Product Developer and Head Designer to develop a seasonal direction for upcoming prints. He or she will source and seek inspiration for each season, researching to consistently present fresh directions and ideas with the team. It is important for this position to keep up with current and future trends and to have a fashion-oriented eye for prints, consumer products and color.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In reference to the design directions decided by Head Designer and team, this person will create textile designs and other textile and product related art work
- Using with sketches and concepts, designer will create repeats, color ways and mill-sheets while working closely with Head Designer and team, for feedback and further design directions
- Designer will also create mock-ups and illustrations that may be required to help the selection process and re-color existing prints and resize repeats as necessary
- Designer will work with different types of fabrics which will require specific design directions, scale guidelines and color concepts
- In addition to the design work, the Designer will be responsible for copyrighting, filing, cataloging and organizing all textile files, and preparing and setting up for meetings and presentations
- The candidate will need to develop a solid understanding of all Petunia brands and the complete product line in order to successfully create textiles that fall in line with each brand category
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Textile/ Graphic Design, Fashion Design or related fields
- 4+ years’ experience in Textile Design
- Experience in product/apparel manufacturing a plus
- Strong knowledge of CS5 suites (specifically Illustrator, Bridge and Photoshop)
- Ability to draw or sketch ideas on screen (via tablet) and on paper
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and be able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Must be able to quickly change directions and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment under the guidance of the Head Designer and Product Development team
*** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***
Please click here to apply online or Fax Resume to:
Work With Us
We are always seeking talented, passionate, creative, ambitious and detailed people. Below are employment opportunities we are currently hiring for at our coporate headquarters located in beautiful Ventura California.