Don’t get us wrong, living by the beach in Southern California is pretty darn dreamy. Sometimes, however, we crave family adventures in the Sierras—and when that’s the case, we pack up the van and head to Yosemite National Park. Early autumn is our favorite time of year to visit: the summer crowds have thinned, the leaves have begun to change color, and the weather is just right for daytime bike rides and family fun around the campfire at night.
Read on to check out our recommendations for a perfect family getaway in Yosemite.
1. TOASTY TOTS When the sun goes down, warm baby up with a cozy little down sweater from one of our favorite local brands. Patagonia >
2. PORTABLE PARTY We love to pack the lightweight Faraway Foldout Tote with the day’s essentials and walk to Mirror Lake for afternoon picnics on the beach.
Petunia Pickle Bottom >
3. COMFORTS OF HOME Keep your little ones cozy at night with a luxuriously soft Receiving Blanket. Petunia Pickle Bottom >
4. SHARED SHELTER Whether you have a vanagon, a trailer, an RV or a good old fashioned tent, sleeping in cozy quarters brings your family closer and allows for plentiful late night giggles.
5. PLAYING WITH FOOD S’mores are a staple, but we like to get creative with this campfire classic by trying out alternative recipes. Spoonful >
6. MUSICAL MEMORIES We love to let the kids bring along their favorite instruments for nightly campfire concerts.